Every student is required by UAE Knowledge and Human Development Authority to produce a transfer certificate from their last school. This is strictly enforced and failure to produce a properly completed certificate, or a legally binding undertaking to produce all the necessary documentation, will result in your child's place being withdrawn. Please discuss your child's transfer certificate requirements with the Registrar as your country of origin and last school is taken into consideration.
The Certificate must be on official school letterhead and must contain the following information:
- Full name of the child
- Date of enrollment in the school
- Child's date of birth
- Date the child left the school
- Grade / Class on leaving the school
- School stamp and signature of the Principal
- Curriculum used
NB: Children coming from countries other than United States, Australia, Canada, Europe and New Zealand should have the original Transfer Certificate (TC) attested by:
- Ministry of Education (from country of TC origin)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (from the country of TC origin)
- UAE Embassy (from the country of TC origin)
Please be aware that children transferring from other education systems (including USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa) may be placed in a Year Group lower than expected by their chronological age due to KHDA regulations about placement out of their current system’s sequence.
The KHDA has specific cut off dates regulating the transfer of children within the UAE and from overseas which GEMS Al Barsha National School adheres to. Please discuss these with the Registrar on the application and satisfy yourself you will be able to fully confirm to these regulations.
The KHDA has announced a new process for parents requesting Transfer Certificates who are internally transferring within Dubai, please see the new process below:
- Parents request a Transfer Certificate (TC) via their parent portal, advising of the new school to transfer to.
- NEW: Parents must then pay 120 AED (KHDA Payment) to the school for the TC to be attested (All TC’s processed must now be attested) receipt given to the Admissions Team.
- NEW: Parents must then collect the attested TC from the current school to submit to the new school in Dubai before the new Academic Year.